To make one tree you will need the following...
- 1 Package of Tidy Pins
- 5 Feather Boas (these are the cheapy ones)
- 1 8" Styrofoam Disk (I used 8", 10" and 5" disks for the party)
- 1 Stick (I used birch)
1. Create a small spiral out of the boa in the center of your disk
2. Insert one or two of the pins to securely hold it in place
3. Continue wrapping the boa around itself to create an ever widening spiral and secure with pins as you go.
4. Create your spiral to the edge of your disk and secure with a pin.
5. Wrap the outside edge of your disk with boa and secure with pins.
6. Repeat steps 1-4 until the whole disk is covered and tuck the end of the boa in and secure with a pin.
7. Turn the disk so that the edge is facing you. Clear a space in the feathers so that you can make sure that your insertion point will be centered and insert your stick into the styrofoam.
And there you have it... one completed Truffula Tree!
To give them a finished look, I layered some Super Moss on top of half circles of styrofoam and then arranged the trees in the foam.
The boas, tidy pins, styrofoam and moss can be purchased from Joann Fabrics.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. And I hope that all your Lorax parties are magical!
All the Party Printable items for the this part can be found in my shop in both the original Pink Palette and in the Orange Palette...