Hi there! Emily Clinton from Emmy’s Events here to give you a super easy, NO BAKE cake pop tutorial. Give these a try at your Fourth of July party, I know you’ll absolutely love them!
You Will Need:
- Entenmann’s Glazed Pop’ems
- Wilton Candy Melts
- Canned Frosting (any brand is fine just don’t buy “whipped”)
- Lollipop Sticks or Paper Drinking Straws Food Coloring & Sprinkles
- Wax Paper or Styrofoam (depending on whether you prefer them stick up or stick down)
1. Melt a handful of Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave. Dip the lollipop stick or paper straw into the melted candy and insert it about half way in to the donut. Set the pop on a plate and refrigerate until the candy hardens.
2. Put a scoop of canned frosting in a microwave safe container and tint with food coloring if desired. Microwave the frosting for 5-10 seconds. The frosting will be slightly warm and completely liquified. Stir to mix in the food coloring
3. Dip the refrigerated pop into the melted frosting and quickly pull it out, allowing the excess to dip back into the cup. Set the wet cake pop on a tray lined with a sheet of wax paper. You may need to hold it upright for a second or two until it dries enough to stand by itself.
Note: If your frosting begins to harden simply warm in the microwave again until it becomes liquid.
4. Add sprinkles, if desired, while the frosting is still wet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the outer coating is completely set.
5. Serve in mini cupcake liners or arranged on a plate! Enjoy!!
Click here for more Tips and Hints for your upcoming 4th of July celebration!