Cake Pop Flowers are a beautiful and easy way to bring a little fun to any Garden Themed Party!
For this project you will need the following items:
- Tissue Paper
- Thin Wire
- Pipe Cleaners
- Cake Pops
1. With 3 sheets of tissue paper folded in half lengthwise, measure out a 6 inch strip.
2. Cut the strip off from the rest of the paper.
3. And fold, accordion-style, in 3/4 inch pleats until you reach the opposite end. Cut the end fold off (where your large tissue paper was originally folded in half.)
4. With your scissors round off each end.
5. And then secure the middle of your pleated paper with a bit of wire.
6. Starting with one end, gently separate pieces of tissue. Once one end is fluffed, separate the tissue on the other end...
...until you have a completed flower. Leave the center a bit flat. Do not fluff the tissue so that you have lost the center of your flower.
7. Take your scissors and using one of the blades pierce a hole through all the layers of tissue (just to the side of the center so as not to hit the wire).
8. Slip the stick of your cake pop through the hole.
9. Take one piper cleaner and beginning at the top of the stick and tightly wrap it around the stick...
...leaving about 1.5 - 2 inches clear at the bottom of the stick, so that you can insert the stick into styrofoam and stand up the flowers for your display.