When I spied these....
...in the grocery store the other day, I just knew that I had to come up with something fun to do with them!! Thus the Pretzel Heart Bunting was born!
For this project you will need the following...
- 2 8" inch cookie sticks
- 5 candy covered heart-shaped pretzels
- 1/8" ribbon
- 1/4" ribbon
- cupcakes or cake
- hot glue
1. Cut a length of your 1/8" ribbon and tie two of your pretzels together
2. Repeat step 1 until all the pretzels are connected
3. Take one of your cookie sticks and your 1/8" ribbon. Put a dab of glue on the end of your ribbon.
Adhere the ribbon to your stick and twist the stick winding the ribbon around the stick. When you reach the end of the stick, trim your ribbon. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and adhere the end of the ribbon to the stick.
4. Take your 1/4" ribbon and weave it through the center of one of the end pretzels. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and adhere the end of the ribbon to your stick.
5. Leave about an inch of ribbon between the pretzel and the stick. Loop the other end of the ribbon over to the stick. Trim the ribbon to length. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and adhere it to the stick.
6. Cut a length of your 1/4" ribbon and tie it into a bow. Add a dab of glue to the 1/4" ribbon adhered to the stick and attach the bow.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for the other stick.
8. Secure the bunting in your cake or cupcakes. (I admit it. I was so totally smitten by the Potter and Butler bunting I featured last week, I just HAD to try a bunting anchored by cupcakes!)